When I worked in the native nursery, there were a few plants, I had to manage correctly or they would give me a horrible rash, or they would give me a migraine. Obviously, as a human, I know which ones I can and cannot consume. However, what about our four legged friends. They don’t have the same grasp as we do. They see a plant and may take a chew on it, or rub in it, and they are convulsing, end up with severe dermatitis or sometimes die.
So, do we have an understanding on what should be avoided in gardens when we have pets. The following table gives an idea what should not be planted around kids or animals. Following are some photographs of the potentially fatal plants if ingested.