Summer duties – keep your plants alive over Summer with the following tips.
- Add compost and mulch around your plants as this will add much needed nutrients plus insulate the plants in the heat, keeping the ground moist when you cannot be there.
- Have a watering system in place. Ensuring you are minimising your water usage properly.
- Invest in an automatic water timer. Great for the plants plus great for you.
- Water only – either early morning or early evening.
- Make a wicking bed. (See next post on making of wicking beds)
- If you have pots, keep them moist by having them in containers or on saucers. Or have seld watering pots. Before you do this, make sure its a plant that is ok with having its ‘feet wet’.